Basic Workshop - November 12 - 14, 2021 via Zoom!
Fundamentals of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH Level 1)
Registration is full and is now closed. We hope to offer another basic workshop in early 2022!
- 20 CEU's and credit toward ASCH Certification
- You must attend the complete 20 hour workshop to receive credit.
- Friday, November 12: 4:00 - 9:00 pm
- Saturday, November 13: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, November 14: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
WHERE: Via Zoom
The Fundamentals of Clinical Hypnosis Workshop, the first part of a series of workshops in the certification program for clinical hypnosis, is intended for licensed health professionals including physicians, nurses, psychologists, dentists, counselors, social workers and those in related fields. A diverse faculty from a range of health disciplines will teach the principles and process of hypnotic inductions, suggestions and treatment. The workshop is a mix of didactic presentations, demonstrations, experiential exercises and faculty-led small group practice tailored to the specific needs and learning style of each participant. At the conclusion of the workshop participants will have been taught the basic skills required to utilize clinical hypnosis and begin to apply it to their practice. This 20 hour weekend workshop will be presented by a favorite FSCH presenter, former FSCH President and ASCH Certified, Louis Damis, PhD, ABPP..
This workshop will begin promptly at 4:00 pm on November 12. There will be a break during all sessions with a 45 minute lunch break on Saturday and Sunday..
Friday, November 12:
- 4:00 pm - Welcome to Level 1
- 4:15 pm - Introduction, definitions, history, theories, myths and misconceptions; memory. Assessment; presenting hypnosis to the client; hypnotic relationship.
- 4:45 - 9:00 pm - Neurophysiology of Hypnosis, hypnotic phenomena and their applications; steps and levels of hypnosis. Laws and principles of induction; re-alerting; principles in formulating hypnotic suggestions.
Saturday, November 13:
- 8:00 am - Introduction to small group practice; demonstration;. Small group practice 1. Intensification of hypnotic experience; fundamentals of hypnotic communication and formulation of suggestions.
- 12:15 pm - Lunch break
- 1:00-5:00 pm - Ego-strengthening with demonstrations; Small group practice 2; self-hypnosis, how and what to teach patients; hypnosis with children and adolescents. Increase alertness; wrap up.
Sunday, November 14:
- 8:30 am - Demonstration #3, eye-roll inductions, breath focus, ego-strengthening, reorientation.inductions. Ideomotor signaling. Medical and psychotherapeutic uses. Small group practice 3. Strategies for managing resistance. Introducing hypnosis to the patient; hypnosis and memory, informed consent for the use of clinical hypnosis.
- 11:45 am - Lunch break
- 12:30 - 4:45 pm - Demonstration #4, Elicitation, intensification, ego-strengthening, hypnotic phenomena. Small Group Practice #4. Treatment planning, strategy and technique selection. Integrating hypnosis into clinical practice. Ethical principles and professional conduct;
- 4:45 pm - ASCH membership and certification, opportunities for further training. Increase Alertness, questions and answers.
- 5:00 pm - Adjourn
Basic Workshop Learning Objectives
After taking this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define hypnosis and its major theories, and describe how to present it to a client
- Describe ethical considerations in the use of hypnosis, including informed consent
- Demonstrate the ability to do at least 4 basic hypnotic inductions, and 4 deepening methods
- Describe contra-indications for using hypnosis
- Use hypnosis for relaxation, stress management, and pain management
- Discuss hypnosis, memory, and pseudomemory
- Identify at least 5 of the phenomena associated with hypnosis
- Demonstrate understanding of treatment planning and goals appropriate for hypnotic intervention
Health professionals holding doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry, podiatry and psychology, or doctoral or masters degrees in social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling, or nursing, licensed in the state in which they practice; degree graduates receiving documented clinical supervision toward licensing, and graduate students in eligible disciplines with documentation of their student status from the Chairperson of their graduate program.
Continuing Education Credit
We offer 20 Florida CEU's for licensed psychologists under 490 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 5/22); clinical social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists under 491 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 3/23), and all our workshops count toward ASCH certification requirements. We automatically report to CEBroker.
From the comfort of your home via Zoom!
Registration for this workshop is very limited, and we are highly motivated to fill the class early. Please register by November 9 on our Registration page (Link Below), or by sending a check to FSCH, 13705 SW 91 CT, Unit C, Miami, FL 33176, that reaches us by November 9. Registration is not complete until we have received payment and a completed registration page. Click the "REGISTER ONLINE NOW" button Below.
Mutter Scholarships are available to 6 student/intern FSCH members who will receive a 40% discount off the registration fee. Student memberships are $25 and entitle you to student rates at our Spring and Fall workshops as well. Please call (786) 708-6684 to inquire about availability of scholarships.
Registration Fees (Registration is now closed)
|Graduate Students/Intern Members||$250|
|Graduate Students/Intern Non-Members||$300|