Basic Workshop - March 8-10, 2019, Miami
Fundamentals of Hypnosis With Applications
20 CEU's and credit toward ASCH Certification
WHEN: March 8-10, 2019
WHERE: Florida International University (Address Below)
The Basic Workshop will prepare participants to take any future hypnosis workshop offered either by the Florida Society of Clinical Hypnosis (FSCH) or the American Society of Clincial Hypnosis (ASCH).
This workshop will begin promptly at 5 pm, with registration from 4:30 to 5. It would be a good idea to eat beforehand or to bring a sandwich. FSCH will provide beverages.. There will be a break during all sessions, and the university has a break room with vending machines.
Friday, March 8 (4 credit hours)
- 4:30 - 5:00 pm - REGISTRATION
- 5 - 9 pm - Introduction, definitions, history, theories, myths and misconceptions; memory. Assessment; presenting hypnosis to the client; hypnotic relationship; informed consent. Hypnotic phenomena and their applications; steps and levels of hypnosis. Laws and principles of induction; re-alerting; principles in formulating hypnotic suggestions.
Saturday, March 9 (8 credit hours)
- 8:00 am - Demonstration of inductions. Small group practice 1. Eliciting hypnotic phenomena. Susceptibility; stages of hypnosis; deepening. Hypnotic phenomena
- Noon - Lunch break
- 1 - 5 pm - Uses of hypnosis for relaxation and stress management. Small group practice 2. Self-hypnosis.
Sunday, March 10 (8 credit hours)
- 8:00 am - Demonstration of 2 inductions. Ideomotor signaling. Medical and psychotherapeutic uses. Small group practice 3.
- Noon - Lunch break
- 1 - 5 pm - Treatment planning; selection of strategies and techniques; resistance. Small group practice 4. Ethical issues and conduct; certification. Integrating hypnosis into the clinical practice.
Basic Workshop Learning Objectives
After taking this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define hypnosis and its major theories, and describe how to present it to a client
- Describe ethical considerations in the use of hypnosis, including informed consent
- Demonstrate the ability to do at least 4 basic hypnotic inductions, and 4 deepening methods
- Describe contra-indications for using hypnosis
- Use hypnosis for relaxation, stress management, and pain management
- Discuss hypnosis, memory, and pseudomemory
- Identify at least 5 of the phenomena associated with hypnosis
- Demonstrate understanding of treatment planning and goals appropriate for hypnotic intervention
Health professionals holding doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry, podiatry and psychology, or doctoral or masters degrees in social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling, or nursing, licensed in the state in which they practice; degree graduates receiving documented clinical supervision toward licensing, and graduate students in eligible disciplines with documentation of their student status from the Chairperson of their graduate program.
Continuing Education Credit
We offer 20 Florida CEU's for licensed psychologists under 490 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 5/20); clinical social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists under 491 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 3/21), and all our workshops count toward ASCH certification requirements. We automatically report to CEBroker.
The workshop will be held at Florida International University:
Modesto Maldique Campus
11200 SW 8th Street
Ziff Education Building,
Room 120, Miami, FL 33199
Registration for this workshop is limited, and we are highly motivated to fill the class early. Therefore, you may take the early discount if you have registered by February 15 on our Registration page (Link Below), or by sending a check to FSCH, 13705 SW 91 CT, Unit C, Miami, FL 33176, that reaches us before February 15. Registration is not complete until we have received payment and a completed registration page. Click the "Register Online Now" button Below.
Mutter Scholarships are available to 6 student/intern FSCH members who will receive a 40% discount off the registration fee. Student memberships are $25 and entitle you to student rates at our Spring and Fall workshops as well. Please call 305-598-9992 to inquire about availability of scholarships.
|Before February 15||As of February 15|
|Graduate Students/Intern Members||$169||$219|
|Graduate Students/Intern Non-Members||$179||$229|
Registration is CLOSED!