Basic Workshop - St. Petersburg, FL
Fundamentals of Hypnosis With Applications
20 CEU's and credit toward ASCH Certification
WHEN: Saturday, July 13, August 10, September 7, 2019
WHERE: The Holistic Mental Health Clinic, St. Petersburg, FL
This Basic Workshop will prepare participants to take any future hypnosis workshop offered either by the Florida Society of Clinical Hypnosis (FSCH) or the American Society of Clincial Hypnosis (ASCH).
This workshop will begin promptly at 8:30 am on July 13, with registration/check in from 8:00 - 8:30. FSCH will provide beverages.. There will be a break during all sessions and there are several nearby restaurants.
Saturday, July 13 (7 credit hours)
- 8:00 - 8:30 am - Registration Check In
- 8:30 am - Introduction, definitions, history, theories, myths and misconceptions; memory. Assessment; presenting hypnosis to the client; hypnotic relationship; informed consent.
- Noon - Lunch Break
- 1:00-4:30 - Hypnotic phenomena and their applications; steps and levels of hypnosis. Laws and principles of induction; re-alerting; principles in formulating hypnotic suggestions.
Saturday, August 10 (7 credit hours)
- 8:30 am - Demonstration of inductions. Small group practice 1. Eliciting hypnotic phenomena. Susceptibility; stages of hypnosis; deepening. Hypnotic phenomena
- Noon - Lunch break
- 1:00-4:30 - Uses of hypnosis for relaxation and stress management. Small group practice 2. Self-hypnosis.
Saturday, September 7 (6 credit hours)
- 8:30 am - Demonstration of 2 inductions. Ideomotor signaling. Medical and psychotherapeutic uses. Small group practice 3.
- Noon - Lunch break
- 1:00-3:30 - Treatment planning; selection of strategies and techniques; resistance. Small group practice 4. Ethical issues and conduct; certification. Integrating hypnosis into the clinical practice. Evaluations; adjourn.
Basic Workshop Learning Objectives
After taking this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define hypnosis and its major theories, and describe how to present it to a client
- Describe ethical considerations in the use of hypnosis, including informed consent
- Demonstrate the ability to do at least 4 basic hypnotic inductions, and 4 deepening methods
- Describe contra-indications for using hypnosis
- Use hypnosis for relaxation, stress management, and pain management
- Discuss hypnosis, memory, and pseudomemory
- Identify at least 5 of the phenomena associated with hypnosis
- Demonstrate understanding of treatment planning and goals appropriate for hypnotic intervention
Health professionals holding doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry, podiatry and psychology, or doctoral or masters degrees in social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling, or nursing, licensed in the state in which they practice; degree graduates receiving documented clinical supervision toward licensing, and graduate students in eligible disciplines with documentation of their student status from the Chairperson of their graduate program.
Continuing Education Credit
We offer 20 Florida CEU's for licensed psychologists under 490 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 5/20); clinical social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists under 491 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 3/21), and all our workshops count toward ASCH certification requirements. We automatically report to CEBroker.
The workshop will be held at The Holistic Mental Health Clinic:
The Holistic Mental Health Clinic
6161 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Street N., #204
St. Petersburg, FL 33733
Registration for this workshop is very limited, and we are highly motivated to fill the class early. Please register by July 5 on our Registration page (Link Below), or by sending a check to FSCH, 13705 SW 91 CT, Unit C, Miami, FL 33176, that reaches us by July 5th. Registration is not complete until we have received payment and a completed registration page. Click the "Register Online Now" button Below.
Mutter Scholarships are available to 6 student/intern FSCH members who will receive a 40% discount off the registration fee. Student memberships are $25 and entitle you to student rates at our Spring and Fall workshops as well. Please call 305-598-9992 to inquire about availability of scholarships.
|Graduate Students/Intern Members||$219|
|Graduate Students/Intern Non-Members||$229|