Intermediate/Advanced Workshop – May 4-5, 2019, Orlando
This workshop has ended. Our next Intermediate/Advanced Workshop will be November 2-3 in Melbourne, FL.
SUBJECT: Clinical Hypnosis and Mindfulness Meditation: Empowering Your Practice With Both Western and Eastern Approaches
- WHEN: May 4-5, 2019
- WHERE: Springhill Suites Marriott, Orlando at Millenia
- DETAILS: Intermediate/Advanced Workshop, 12 CEU’s and credit toward ASCH certification
- EARLY REGISTRATION: Early registration discounts for Advanced expire as of April 4th.
Presented by Akira Otani, Ed.D., ABPH
Dr. Otani is an international consultant with more than 30 years of clinical and consulting experience. He is currently a licensed psychologist with Spectrum Behavioral Health in Arnold, MD. He was formerly Senior Staff Psychologist at the University of Maryland Counseling Center for over 25 years, and he also served on the graduate faculty in Counseling and Human Services at Johns Hopkins University.
His clinical interests include anxiety disorders, psychological trauma, and behavioral health management. He is board certified by the American Board of Psychological Hypnosis (ABPH), and is a Fellow and on the teaching faculty for the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis. He has published several books in Japanese, including two best-sellers on counseling skills and mindfulness, written numerous book chapters and articles, while consulting with corporations both in the U.S. and in Japan. His approach is solidly based on multicultural and holistic principles.
This workshop is designed for clinicians who are interested in mindfulness meditation and integrating it with clinical hypnosis. It will focus on the clinical applications of the two approaches while highlighting the procedural and conceptual similarities and differences between them. Both didactic and experiential will be used to maximize the participant's learning and appreciation of hypnosis and mindfulness.
NOTE: Morning and afternoon breaks will be included
Saturday, May 4:
- 8:30-9:00 am Registration Check-In
- 9:00 am Introduction to the Workshop
- 9:15-10:30 Meditation, mindfulness and contemplative practices
- 10:45-12:00 Experiencing meditation; meditation and mindfulness; touch &
return and autogenic training
- 12:00 noon: Lunch provided by FSCH
- 1:00 pm Questions and answers
- 1:15 pm Comparison of hypnosis and meditation (including neurophysiology)
- 2:15 pm Integrating hypnosis and meditation; trance induction (demonstration)
- 3:00 pm Practice, questions and answers
- 4:00 pm Evaluations and adjourn.
Sunday, May 5:
- 9:00 am Questions and answers
- 9:15 am Emotion Regulation by hypnosis and mindfulness (including Tonlen)
- 11:00 am Somatic strategies: Somatic bridge and body scan
- 12:00 Noon Lunch on your own
- 1:00 pm Questions and answers
- 1:15 pm Trauma work using hypnosis and mindfulness (MB-POTT Model)
- 3:15 pm Management of spontaneous abreaction
- 3:45 pm Summary; wrap-up
- 4:00 pm Evaluations; adjourn
Health professionals holding doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry, podiatry and psychology, or doctoral or masters degrees in social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling, nursing, or other medical fields, licensed in the state in which they practice; degree graduates receiving documented clinical supervision toward licensing, and graduate students in eligible disciplines with documentation of their student status from the Chairperson of their graduate program. All attendees must have previously taken an ASCH approved Basic Hypnosis course or workshop.
Continuing Education Credit
We offer 12 Florida CEU's for licensed psychologists under 490 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 5/20); clinical social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists under 491 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 3/21), and all our workshops count toward ASCH certification requirements. We automatically report to CEBroker.
Springhill Suites Marriott, Orlando at Millenia
We will be staying at a new location, Springhill Suites Marriott, Orlando at Millenia, for a special reduced rate of only $119.00 per night. This very special rate includes breakfast, WiFi, and free parking. Register by April 4th to receive the reduced rate by calling (407) 352-2700 (be sure to say you are with FSCH), or clicking here: Springhill Suites Registration. The hotel is easy to get to (just off of I-4) and is next to The Mall at Millenia, an enormous shopping mall with numerous restaurants.
Reduced Rate: $119.00 per night
Booking call: (407) 352-2700
Booking Online: CLICK HERE
|Before April 4th
||As of April 4th|
|FSCH NEW Life Members||$157.00||$175.00|
|FSCH Graduate Students/Intern Members||$220.00||$250.00|
|Graduate Students/Intern Non-Members
(with student documentation)
Registration is OPEN, click the button below to register!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Registrants will receive a PDF file of the slide presentation and handouts in advance of the workshop, however, if you wish to receive a printed workbook, please check the $20 printed workbook option in the registration form.