Intermediate/Advanced Workshop - November 2-3, Melbourne
SUBJECT: Hypnosis Greatest Hits: An Overview of Effective Clinical Interventions
- WHEN: November 2-3, 2019
- WHERE: Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, Melbourne
- DETAILS: Intermediate/Advanced Workshop, 12 CEU’s and credit toward ASCH certification
- REGISTER: Scroll to the bottom of this page to register
Presented by Eric Willmarth, PhD
Dr. Willmarth has been a clinical psychologist working for over 35 years in the area of chronic pain management. He is certified in Biofeedback, Clinical Hypnosis, and Pain Management. He is a past-president of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH), as well as past-president of the Society for Psychological Hypnosis (APA Div. 30), The Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis (SCEH), The Michigan Society for Clinical Hypnosis, and the Michigan Society for Behavioral Medicine and Biofeedback.
Dr. Willmarth is Board Certified in Pain Management by the American Academy of Pain Management, a Fellow of the Society of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, an Approved Consultant of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, and a member of the International Society of Hypnosis. He has been an adjunct professor at the Forest School of Professional Psychology and Western Michigan University, and is currently the Director of Training for Saybrook University’s College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences where he also serves as the Director of the Integrative Mental Health Specialization. He teaches the Advanced Hypnosis and the Advanced Biofeedback Practicum courses along with the Basic and Intermediate Hypnosis Courses at Saybrook.
Where is the evidence? That’s a key question that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy has taught us to ask. While some fringe interventions may struggle with this question, this is not the case with hypnosis. After 300 years there is still a growing base of evidence supporting the use of hypnosis, both alone and as an adjunct to other therapies. This workshop will focus on the best of hypnosis, looking at applications for pain management, depression, anxiety, trauma, and substance abuse, in both individual and couples’ therapy. Along the way we will explore why hypnosis is efficacious, with whom is it efficacious, and how we can increase its effectiveness. The workshop will feature live demonstrations, video samples, PowerPoint presentations, and lively participant discussions. We will consider the impact of hypnosis in the media, favorite stories of hypnosis, creative applications, and how to shape the future of hypnosis. Participants are encouraged to come prepared both to learn and to share!
NOTE: Morning and afternoon breaks will be included
Saturday, November 2
- 8:30-9:00 am - Registration Check-In
- 9:00 am - Why use hypnosis? Historical context of hypnosis; supportable clinical applications of hypnosis.
- 10:45 - Depression, anxiety, trauma and substance abuse (Part 1); suggestions for key treatment areas; the issue of control in hypnosis.
- 12:00 noon - Lunch provided by FSCH
- 1:00 pm - Depression, anxiety, trauma, and substance abuse (Part 2). Selection criteria for ideal hypnotic clients.
- 2:30 pm - Hypnotic interventions for end of life care; pain vs. suffering.
- 4:00 pm - Evaluations and adjourn.
Sunday, November 3
- 8:30 am - What’s in a story? Clinical applications and creative solutions.
- 10:30 am - Expanding the role of hypnosis; potential areas for new interventions; areas in need of additional research.
- 12:00 Noon - Lunch on your own
- 1:00 pm - Creative applications for hypnosis; techniques for developing new hypnotic applications.
- 2:30 pm - Designing the future of hypnosis; current issues impacting the field of hypnosis, options for future hypnosis research and practice.
- 3:30 pm - Evaluations and adjourn.
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the use of control in hypnosis;
- Demonstrate the ability to develop hypnotic suggestions for key treatment areas;
- Develop selection criteria for ideal hypnotic clients;
- Develop hypnotic suggestions for palliative care;
- Evaluate pain vs suffering issues;
- Identify at least two new applications of hypnosis;
- Identify potential areas for new interventions.
Health professionals holding doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry, podiatry and psychology, or doctoral or masters degrees in social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling, nursing, or other medical fields, licensed in the state in which they practice; degree graduates receiving documented clinical supervision toward licensing, and graduate students in eligible disciplines with documentation of their student status from the Chairperson of their graduate program. All attendees must have previously taken an ASCH approved Basic Hypnosis course or workshop.
Continuing Education Credit
We offer 12 Florida CEU's for licensed psychologists under 490 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 5/20); clinical social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists under 491 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 3/21), and all our workshops count toward ASCH certification requirements. We automatically report to CEBroker.
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, Melbourne
We will be returning to a preferred location, Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, 200 Rialto Place, Melbourne, FL 32901, at a special reduced group rate of $135.00 per night (single, $145 if two to a room). This special rate includes breakfast, WiFi, and free parking. Reservations will be available soon!
Reduced Rate: $135.00 per night (single, $145 if two to a room)
Group Name: Florida Society of Clinical Hypnosis
Group Name: FSCH2
Hilton Booking Phone: (800) 445-8667
Hilton Booking Online: CLICK HERE TO BOOK LODGING ONLINE
|Before October 2nd
||As of October 2nd|
|FSCH NEW Life Members||$157||$175|
|FSCH Graduate Students/Intern Members||$220||$250|
|Graduate Students/Intern Non-Members
(with student documentation)
|Printed Workbook (optional)||$20||$20|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Registrants will receive a PDF file of the slide presentation and handouts in advance of the workshop, however, if you wish to receive a printed workbook, please check the $20 printed workbook option in the registration form.