May 5-6, 2018 Intermediate/Advanced Workshop, Naples
12 hours CEU's, and credit toward ASCH certification
Healing in the SPACE BETWEEN WORDS:
Exploring the Intersection of Hypnosis, Neurobiology, and Quantum Physics
Susan Pinco, PhD, LCSW
Ericksonian Hypnosis, NLP, and Social Psychology teach us the importance of meta-communication and the power of tone, tempo, and numerous other para-verbal elements. This seminar will focus on a particular element of meta-communication: silence, silence as it occurs within the context of speech and within context of our sessions. In attending this seminar, participants will experience new ways of thinking about, eliciting and utilizing silence drawing from elements of Ericksonian Hypnosis, Brainspotting, mindfulness, Quantum Physics, interpersonal neurobiology, and somatically-oriented therapies.
Program Schedule (will include morning and afternoon breaks):
Saturday, May 5, 2018 - Registration from 8;30 - 9:00 am
9:00-10:30 What is the space between the words? Observations and related clinical research, experiential
10:45-12:00 Neurophysiology, Brain 101 (didactic and exercises), promoting systematic coherence
Noon: Luncheon hosted by FSCH
1:00-2:30 Framing silence, your own unique perspective
2:30-4:00 Practicing elements of structure silence
Sunday, May 6, 2018
9:00-10:30 Embroidering the experience; stitching your way to more impactful and
10:45-12:00 How Quantum Physics informs our practice
Noon Lunch on your own
1:00-2:30 Energy and Interconnectivity: trusting our intuition (Includes experiential)
2:45-4:00 A taste of Brainspotting and other somatically-oriented therapies; questions and answers
Attendees will be encouraged to rethink their relationship to the space between words and to develop techniques that enhance their own palette and that of their clients; amplifying effectiveness both in and between sessions. They will be able to:
- Differentiate between structured and unstructured silence and demonstrate two ways to utilize both within the context of clinical practice;
- Expand their understanding of how silence can be used to promote relationship both between therapist and client and within the client system (ie: between ego states) and be able to a) identify the techniques that can be utilized to facilitate this process and b) articulate why they are effective;
- Utilize 3 ways of embroidering their work to increase its impact by making it more experiential;
- List 2 elements of Quantum Physics that help explain why making therapy experiential is so critical;
- Explain how Neuroscience reinforces the importance of the therapeutic relationship;
- Identify the core elements of somatically informed therapies;
- Explain the central tenets of Brainspotting and how to utilize it within the context of a hypnotic session.
Health professionals holding doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry, podiatry and psychology, or doctoral or masters degrees in social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling, nursing, or other medical fields, licensed in the state in which they practice; degree graduates receiving documented clinical supervision toward licensing, and graduate students in eligible disciplines with documentation of their student status from the Chairperson of their graduate program.
Continuing Education Credit
We offer 12 Florida CEU's for licensed psychologists under 490 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 5/20); clinical social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists under 491 (Provider #50-774, Exp. 3/19), and all our workshops count toward ASCH certification requirements. We automatically report to CEBroker.
We will be staying in a new Naples location, Courtyard by Marriott, 3250 Tamiami Trail North, Naples, FL 34103. Our special group rate is only $129 per night, which includes breakfast, WiFi, and parking, but you must register by April 4 in order to receive the reduced rate. You may register online by clicking here: Courtyard Naples, or by calling (239) 434-8700. Be sure to say you are with FSCH. in order to receive the reduced rate.
If you'd like to register, you may now do so easily by accessing the online registration form and clicking here.
Before April 5: As of April 5:
FSCH Members___ $300___ $340 FSCH New Life Members___ $150 ___ $175 Non Members ___ $350 ___ $400 FSCH Graduate Student/Intern Members ___ $220 ___ $250 Graduate Student/Intern Non-members ___ $250 ___ $285 (with student documentation)