Membership in FSCH is open to:
- Physicians, dentists, chiropractors, podiatrists and psychologists who have doctorates and are licensed in the state in which they practice.
- Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Mental Health Counselors licensed under Florida State Law 491.
- Masters level nurses licensed in the State of Florida.
- Graduate students and interns in the above professions.
- Formal educational workshops presented twice a year that include instruction and practice at the Basic and Advanced levels of practice. These workshops are taught by acknowledged experts in their fields, with years of experience in the use of clinical hypnosis.
- Continuing education units approved for the practice of hypnosis by those licensed under Florida State Law 490 and 491.
- Credit toward ASCH Certification.
- Reduced workshop fees, as well as reduced fees for regional and national workshops offered by ASCH.
- Collegial and informal exchanges and consultation with other professionals with similar interests in hypnosis as a tool in treatment.
- Opportunities for leadership and teaching responsibilities in Florida and nationally.
- Opportunities for membership in and certification by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, and membership in the International Society of Hypnosis.
- Listing in our Membership Directory, including live links to your email and website.
Membership Requirements and Fees:
Associate Members: $65.00
An Associate Member shall have a doctorate in medicine, dentistry, chiropractic, podiatry or psychology; and have a doctorate or masters in social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling or nursing from a university of college accredited by its regional or national accrediting body.
An associate member shall have two years time allotted to acquire the prerequisite training for full membership status. Upon completion of approved basic workshop training (e.g. Basic Workshop) an associate member will automatically be elevated to full membership status, provided all other membership qualifications continue to be met.
Associate members shall have all privileges of membership except that of acting as chair of a committee.
A Member shall have met all requirements for associate membership, and shall have acquired professional training in clinical or experimental hypnosis that is acceptable to the membership committee.
New Life Members: $32.50
Members who have reached the age of 65, and have maintained their FSCH memberships for at least 10 consecutive years up until they apply for this status, will be eligible to become New Life Members. This will entitle them to membership dues at one-half the current dues structure, and to workshop attendance at one-half the stated tuition rate.
Student Affiliates: $25.00
Student affiliates must be enrolled in a graduate program in active pursuit of a doctorate in medicine, dentistry, podiatry, psychology, or a doctorate or masters program in social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling or nursing at a university or college fully accredited by its national or regional accrediting body to give such a degree. These members will remain in student status during their internships, and until they have become licensed, which is usually within two years.
The membership committee will be the sole judge of whether an applicant's degree program and qualifications meet membership requirements, and whether the applicant is qualified based upon other professional associations and affiliations.
Now that you have finished reading ...